New president Amos can build on Cooper's legacy
RIVERAIN Indoor Bowls Club enjoyed a massive win by 55 shots (73-18) over Hatfield in the national over-60s double rink. The home team of Derek Ellis, Andrew Greenall, Terry Saunders and skip Mick Cave beat the team from Hatfield 29-8. And the away team o
RIVERAIN Indoor Bowls Club enjoyed a massive win by 55 shots (73-18) over Hatfield in the national over-60s double rink.
The home team of Derek Ellis, Andrew Greenall, Terry Saunders and skip Mick Cave beat the team from Hatfield 29-8.
And the away team of Reg Chapman, Tony Rolph, Keith Young and skip Ted Fuller beat the team from Hatfield 44-10.
The ladies travelled to Watford in their first county league match of the season, where they picked up the full six points.
You may also want to watch:
The teams were Joan Welch, Mina Reid, Yvonne Hull and skip Barbara Eddington together with June Clay, Shay Mumford, Gill Walker and skip Shirley Page, who beat Herts Ladies 53-28.
In a midweek friendly against Cheshunt, Riverain won by 20 shots (129-109).
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
The highest winning rink was the team skipped by Mike Mahoney (34-10).
Skips names only: A Greenhall 8-20, Wally Chandler won 29-18, Angie Fabris lost 10-24, Mike Mahoney won 34-10, Kathy Maxwell won 30-15, Mick Judd lost 18-22.
Riverain lost by 37 shots (92-129) against Herts IBC in a weekend friendly. The highest winning rink was the team skipped by Brian Mills 22-13.
Skips names only: David Webb lost 14-19, Barbara Clark lost 13-26, John Gee lost 7-28, Brian Mills won 22-13, Jim Baird won 25-17, Tom Power lost 11-26.
And they drew 160-160 in a titanic battle against King George's Field. Their highest winning rink was the team skipped by Mina Reid (34-11).
Skips names only: Mina Reid won 34-11, Paul Bryant won 19-17, Doug Major won 25-10, Anne Graves lost 19-23, Barbara Clark won 21-16, Pat Clark lost 8-27, Mick Judd won 25-23, Derek Clark lost 9-33.
The first match of the season for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC was on Sunday against Datchworth.
Stevenage emerged winners by 13 shots, and their highest winning rink was Murial Cooper, Phyllis Sproat, Sybil Noel and Colvin Cooper (skip).
Herts IBA went down by two shots (119-121) away to Suffolk last Thursday. Tony Ralph from Riverain was part of the top winning rink (31-21).
* Stotfold Bowls Club have appointed a new president after Stuart Cooper decided not to seek re-election after 20 years in the role.
A member for 25 years, he worked hard for the club and was instrumental in arranging Lottery funding and planning for Stotfold's new clubhouse which opened in 2000.
As a result, Stotfold managed to attract new members and become a more successful club.
Their new president and men's secretary is Frank Amos, a popular club member.
Other appointments were: captain and press officer Maurice Legate; vice-captain Frank Amos; fixture secretary Dave Parsons.
Captain Maurice Legate's player of the year was again Frank Amos.