New league kicks off with exciting Premier clash
There was an 11-goal thriller on the opening Saturday in the North and Mid Herts League Premier Division. Whitwell Village were beaten 6-5 by Redbourn. Ben Moulding scored the pick of the goals in this game. St Ippolyts were denied all the points due to a
There was an 11-goal thriller on the opening Saturday in the North and Mid Herts League Premier Division.
Whitwell Village were beaten 6-5 by Redbourn. Ben Moulding scored the pick of the goals in this game.
St Ippolyts were denied all the points due to a last-minute penalty by Clannad Celtic after Leon Davis opened the scoring.
Baldock Town beat Lemsford 2-0 with goals either side of half time by Lewis Wilson and Cieron Stone.
Bedwell Rangers went down 3-0 against London Colney and Magnum were beaten 4-1 by Colney Heath.
Woolmer Green took all the points against King Sports, winning 5-1, with Darren Urquart, Wayne Campbell, Keith Satchel, James Brewster and Danny Huggins all scoring one each.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
In North Division One, Baldock Town Res beat Wilbury Wanderers 2-0 with goals either side of half time by Martin Wright and Nick Blenkin.
A goal in each half saw City Hearts and Codicote pick up a point apiece thanks to goals from Tom Ward and Ryan Lucas.
Fairlands beat Benington 9-1 with Kenny Liggett, Dave Holmes and Lewis Littlechild all picking two goals up each and Matt Claydon, Stuart Clarke and Jason Haze one apiece.
AFC Santos won 4-0 against Bedwell Rangers Res.
It was not until the second half that they opened the scoring and it was within 30 seconds of the restart, Matt Arlick shooting home from a tight angle.
Two minutes later, Chris Burniston headed home from a corner and it was not long before Nuno Canteiro scored a stunning 25-yard volley.
The fourth goal came with minutes to go with Canteiro scoring from 12 yards for his second of the match.
(Saturday, September 9)
Premier Division: Baldock Town v London Colney A, Whitwell Village v Lemsford A, Bedwell Rangers v Redbourn, Kings Sports Res v St Ippolyts, Clannad Celtic v Magnum, Colney Heath A v Woolmer Green.
North Division One: AFC Santos v Kimpton Rovers Res, Benington v City Hearts, Fairlands v Codicote, Woolmer Green Res v Bedwell Rangers Res, Wilbury Wanders v Westwell.