New boss has input
New Stotfold manager Mark Teeling took the half-time team talk as Stotfold shared the points at Holbeach. Wayne Blows and Richard Beckett had fired wide for the Rokermen before they gained the lead after half an hour. Ian Thorne, put clean through by Blow
New Stotfold manager Mark Teeling took the half-time team talk as Stotfold shared the points at Holbeach.
Wayne Blows and Richard Beckett had fired wide for the Rokermen before they gained the lead after half an hour.
Ian Thorne, put clean through by Blows, took the ball around the keeper and shot into an empty net.
Holbeach responded when Tom Gosling's powerful shot from distance was parried by Nigel Blower and Simon Drury completed the clearance.
Stotfold then almost made it two when Blows lobbed over the keeper but just over the bar as well.
A minute later, Thorne shot wide followed minutes later by another effort from Blows.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
Good reflexes by Blower from Ian Dunne's powerful header from close range ensured Stotfold kept the lead at the break.
Dunne threatened again on the restart, his shot parried by Blower and cleared by Ricky Geraghty.
Holbeach did equalise on 70 minutes as sub Omar Joof netted within five minutes of coming on. Given space on the edge of the box, his shot was too much for a flat-footed Blower.
In added time, the hosts went close to a winner as Adam Jackson's dipping shot from distance was tipped over by Blower.
Rokermen: N Blower, Alcide, Purton, Geraghty (Daley 86), Drury, Beckett, Holmes, Nichol, Blows, Thorne, S Blower (Downham 76).
Langford stayed second in the SML Premier Division by winning 3-1 at St Margaretsbury thanks to a goal by Lee Pateman and two from Wes Byrne.
Arlesey Athletic were beaten 4-1 at home by Brache Sparta in the SML Division One.