Netball club goes from strength to strength
The Stevenage Storm Junior Netball Club, which opened its courts nearly a year ago, continues to drive forward from strength to strength. The club was set up in partnership with the Stevenage School Sports Co-ordinator Partnership, Barclay School and Stev
The Stevenage Storm Junior Netball Club, which opened its courts nearly a year ago, continues to drive forward from strength to strength.
The club was set up in partnership with the Stevenage School Sports Co-ordinator Partnership, Barclay School and Stevenage Borough Council.
It has enjoyed a year of growth which has enabled the club to establish a team of coaches to deliver quality sessions to the girls.
Head coach Julia Burrows said: "From a dedicated group of parents and netball players, we now have at least six qualified level one netball coaches, with another four of our members taking their qualifications over the next couple of weeks."
You may also want to watch:
Jill Eaton, partnership development manager, added: "The success of Stevenage Storm shows how working together between the schools and community can provide increased opportunities for youngsters, and there's still a long way for us to go."
Matches for the girls will be the next step and if there are any schools or clubs who would like to play some friendlies, please contact Julia on 07891 528615.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 9 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
If you are interested in joining, club nights are Tuesdays at The John Henry Newman School - 5.30-6.30pm: Years Three, Four, Five, Six; 6.15-7.30pm: Years Seven, Eight, Nine.
Members of Stevenage Storm are shown with coaches who have attained their level one qualification - Julia Burrows, Sam Castle, Donna Tuck, Vicky Trowell, Tina Randall and Sophia List.