Lee Smith from Stevenage (above) has received backing for this year s British Superkart Championship. This will be his second season in the British championship and he is getting new support from Motorman Limited. His introduction to Superkart racing was
Lee Smith from Stevenage (above) has received backing for this year's British Superkart Championship.
This will be his second season in the British championship and he is getting new support from Motorman Limited.
His introduction to Superkart racing was at the Darley Moor circuit where he won his race.
Previously, Lee's racing experience had been with the 100cc direct drive karts on short circuits where he achieved a lot of success.
You may also want to watch:
In his initial long circuit season, Lee finished in sixth place in the British Kart Grand Prix at Cadwell Park with competitors from all over the world.
Despite disaster at Snetterton which put him out of two rounds of the 2006 championship, he still managed to finish 13th overall and with Motorman's help, is looking forward to a much improved season this year.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
Lee's 125cc kart has a six speed sequential gearbox and is capable of speeds of more than 120 mph.
If you would like to go and cheer Lee on this year, please call 08707 776547 for further information or visit www.motorman.co.uk or www.leekartboy.spaces.live.com