More despair for Blues
FOR the second match running Arlesey produced a below par performance that after some recent promising displays did little to enthuse their supporters. At Leighton on Tuesday they carried no forward threat and were eventually well beaten. The defence had
FOR the second match running Arlesey produced a below par performance that after some recent promising displays did little to enthuse their supporters.
At Leighton on Tuesday they carried no forward threat and were eventually well beaten.
The defence had a more familiar appearance with Matt Waldron returning on the right and Paul Bloss on the left.
But not for the first time this season they failed to carve out any chances from midfield and consequently when the opportunities arrived at the other end Leighton made no mistake.
You may also want to watch:
This victory lifts their Bedfordshire rivals into the play off places confirmed with their sixth victory of the season.
The small crowd must have wished they had stayed at home in a lacklustre first half with the game confined to midfield without a noteworthy effort to challenge either keeper.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 3 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Leighton pressed forward and took the lead in the 50th minute when a corner from the left caused a scramble at the far post for the ball to rebound off Tom Moran into his own net.
Arlesey just could not get their game in gear and in the 60th minute the Blues keeper Russell missed a punch from a left wing cross for Gallen to add the second.
Poor finishing and some brave keeping from Russell prevented any further goals in a match that hopefully Arlesey will rapidly get out of their system.
Blues: Russell, Waldron, Bloss, Moran, Brown, Dillnut, Beaumont, Fehmi, Pringle, Francis, Kimani. Subs: Osborne, Hemandez, Facey, Case, Reynolds.