More despair for Blues
FOR the second match running Arlesey produced a below par performance that after some recent promising displays did little to enthuse their supporters. At Leighton on Tuesday they carried no forward threat and were eventually well beaten. The defence had
FOR the second match running Arlesey produced a below par performance that after some recent promising displays did little to enthuse their supporters.
At Leighton on Tuesday they carried no forward threat and were eventually well beaten.
The defence had a more familiar appearance with Matt Waldron returning on the right and Paul Bloss on the left.
But not for the first time this season they failed to carve out any chances from midfield and consequently when the opportunities arrived at the other end Leighton made no mistake.
You may also want to watch:
This victory lifts their Bedfordshire rivals into the play off places confirmed with their sixth victory of the season.
The small crowd must have wished they had stayed at home in a lacklustre first half with the game confined to midfield without a noteworthy effort to challenge either keeper.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
Leighton pressed forward and took the lead in the 50th minute when a corner from the left caused a scramble at the far post for the ball to rebound off Tom Moran into his own net.
Arlesey just could not get their game in gear and in the 60th minute the Blues keeper Russell missed a punch from a left wing cross for Gallen to add the second.
Poor finishing and some brave keeping from Russell prevented any further goals in a match that hopefully Arlesey will rapidly get out of their system.
Blues: Russell, Waldron, Bloss, Moran, Brown, Dillnut, Beaumont, Fehmi, Pringle, Francis, Kimani. Subs: Osborne, Hemandez, Facey, Case, Reynolds.