Molly's a good trier
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships. The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garr
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships.
The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre recently.
The championships are contested by the best young triathletes in the UK with each of the 11 regions only allowed to enter their best two or three athletes depending on the age group.
On an individual basis, the pupil at Robert Bloomfield Middle School in Shefford came third in the Tri-Star 2 age group (11-12 years). This was after a competitive race with Molly closing in on the eventual winner from Wales all the way to the line.
You may also want to watch:
The athletes swam in the 50m swimming pool, before completing a technical bike course and continuing with a run combining grass and track. Conditions were equally challenging with temperatures reaching 28 degrees throughout the afternoon.
Molly regularly competes in triathlon competitions throughout the UK, and combines this with running for Bedford and County AC and swimming for Hitchin Swimming Club.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win