Molly's a good trier
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships. The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garr
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships.
The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre recently.
The championships are contested by the best young triathletes in the UK with each of the 11 regions only allowed to enter their best two or three athletes depending on the age group.
On an individual basis, the pupil at Robert Bloomfield Middle School in Shefford came third in the Tri-Star 2 age group (11-12 years). This was after a competitive race with Molly closing in on the eventual winner from Wales all the way to the line.
You may also want to watch:
The athletes swam in the 50m swimming pool, before completing a technical bike course and continuing with a run combining grass and track. Conditions were equally challenging with temperatures reaching 28 degrees throughout the afternoon.
Molly regularly competes in triathlon competitions throughout the UK, and combines this with running for Bedford and County AC and swimming for Hitchin Swimming Club.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker