Molly's a good trier
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships. The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garr
Molly McKenzie from Lower Stondon represented the Eastern Region at the British Inter Regional Triathlon Championships.
The 12 year old helped the region secure a creditable third place overall, behind the South East Region and Scotland, at Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre recently.
The championships are contested by the best young triathletes in the UK with each of the 11 regions only allowed to enter their best two or three athletes depending on the age group.
On an individual basis, the pupil at Robert Bloomfield Middle School in Shefford came third in the Tri-Star 2 age group (11-12 years). This was after a competitive race with Molly closing in on the eventual winner from Wales all the way to the line.
The athletes swam in the 50m swimming pool, before completing a technical bike course and continuing with a run combining grass and track. Conditions were equally challenging with temperatures reaching 28 degrees throughout the afternoon.
Molly regularly competes in triathlon competitions throughout the UK, and combines this with running for Bedford and County AC and swimming for Hitchin Swimming Club.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service