Mollie Smith wins another title
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday. FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Fed
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday.
FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Federation Internationale de Gymnastique, the international governing body of gymnastics.
Mollie (shown left on bars) added this to the Herts county championship title which she won the previous week at Marriotts.
These county championships also included other successes for Marriotts, with several gymnasts qualifying through to the regional finals at various levels. The county championships are competed at different levels, ranging from the highest level (FIG) through level two, three and four.
You may also want to watch:
In the level four 10-11 year age group, Talia Francis took bronze medal overall, qualifying through to the regional final in a few weeks' time. Lucy Moxham finished fourth, and will be reserve for the regional final. Bethany Suppa took seventh place in the same competition.
The level four 12-13 year old group saw Corey Williams also take bronze and qualify to the regional final.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
At level three (11-12 years), Emma Chambers took another bronze for the club, while the level two 12-13 year old competition saw one of the closest competitions of the day with Sophie Cripps taking silver medal overall, a mere 0.3 of a mark away from gold.