Mollie Smith wins another title
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday. FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Fed
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday.
FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Federation Internationale de Gymnastique, the international governing body of gymnastics.
Mollie (shown left on bars) added this to the Herts county championship title which she won the previous week at Marriotts.
These county championships also included other successes for Marriotts, with several gymnasts qualifying through to the regional finals at various levels. The county championships are competed at different levels, ranging from the highest level (FIG) through level two, three and four.
In the level four 10-11 year age group, Talia Francis took bronze medal overall, qualifying through to the regional final in a few weeks' time. Lucy Moxham finished fourth, and will be reserve for the regional final. Bethany Suppa took seventh place in the same competition.
The level four 12-13 year old group saw Corey Williams also take bronze and qualify to the regional final.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
At level three (11-12 years), Emma Chambers took another bronze for the club, while the level two 12-13 year old competition saw one of the closest competitions of the day with Sophie Cripps taking silver medal overall, a mere 0.3 of a mark away from gold.