Mollie Smith wins another title
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday. FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Fed
Marriotts gymnast Mollie Smith added another title to her collection by winning the Eastern Region Junior FIG Championship at Ipswich on Sunday.
FIG is the highest level of competition, judged on the full international competition rules. It stands for Federation Internationale de Gymnastique, the international governing body of gymnastics.
Mollie (shown left on bars) added this to the Herts county championship title which she won the previous week at Marriotts.
These county championships also included other successes for Marriotts, with several gymnasts qualifying through to the regional finals at various levels. The county championships are competed at different levels, ranging from the highest level (FIG) through level two, three and four.
You may also want to watch:
In the level four 10-11 year age group, Talia Francis took bronze medal overall, qualifying through to the regional final in a few weeks' time. Lucy Moxham finished fourth, and will be reserve for the regional final. Bethany Suppa took seventh place in the same competition.
The level four 12-13 year old group saw Corey Williams also take bronze and qualify to the regional final.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
At level three (11-12 years), Emma Chambers took another bronze for the club, while the level two 12-13 year old competition saw one of the closest competitions of the day with Sophie Cripps taking silver medal overall, a mere 0.3 of a mark away from gold.