Mollie is held in high esteem
Marriotts Gym Club s Mollie Smith produced her best ever performance in her most prestigious competition to date. She was competing in the 31st International Leverkusen-Cup in Germany. The competition attracted 10 teams from all over Europe, plus one from
Marriotts Gym Club's Mollie Smith produced her best ever performance in her most prestigious competition to date.
She was competing in the 31st International Leverkusen-Cup in Germany.
The competition attracted 10 teams from all over Europe, plus one from Egypt, with many of the gymnasts seasoned international level competitors.
With an audience of more than a thousand German fans, Mollie held her nerve to complete all of her routines without any falls or major faults.
Her routines included a number of new elements and combinations, including flic linked to back somersault on the beam, and double back somersault dismount from bars.
The 13-year-old was not overawed and her performance was even more creditable considering that one of her Herts team-mates suffered a broken arm in training on the morning of the competition.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Overall Mollie scored a total of 44.60 which is her highest competition score to date.
A position of 24th overall was an excellent performance against such tough competition.