Mid Beds quartet are on medal trail
FOUR local youngsters helped their club Bedford and County AC to success at the South of England Road Relays. Ryan Parker from Clifton, Stotfold s Samantha Cutler and Chris Thornley and Laura Gilbert from Sandy competed in the event at Aldershot on Sunday
FOUR local youngsters helped their club Bedford and County AC to success at the South of England Road Relays.
Ryan Parker from Clifton, Stotfold's Samantha Cutler and Chris Thornley and Laura Gilbert from Sandy competed in the event at Aldershot on Sunday.
In the under-13 girls' team, Gilbert ran the second of three legs to help the club win a silver medal.
In the under-15 girls' team, Cutler ran the second leg to help them win a bronze medal. The other team members were Emma Blackwell (first leg) and Hollie McGurk (third leg).
In the under-13 boys' team, Thornley ran the fourth leg to help them win a silver medal.
He attends Etonbury Middle School and has been competing for Bedford and County for the last two years.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
In the under-17 boys' team, Ryan Parker ran the fourth and final leg to help Beds and County to also win bronze. Other legs came from Dale Williamson (first), Alex Bellew (second) and Michael Goodwin (third).