Mid Beds quartet are on medal trail
FOUR local youngsters helped their club Bedford and County AC to success at the South of England Road Relays. Ryan Parker from Clifton, Stotfold s Samantha Cutler and Chris Thornley and Laura Gilbert from Sandy competed in the event at Aldershot on Sunday
FOUR local youngsters helped their club Bedford and County AC to success at the South of England Road Relays.
Ryan Parker from Clifton, Stotfold's Samantha Cutler and Chris Thornley and Laura Gilbert from Sandy competed in the event at Aldershot on Sunday.
In the under-13 girls' team, Gilbert ran the second of three legs to help the club win a silver medal.
In the under-15 girls' team, Cutler ran the second leg to help them win a bronze medal. The other team members were Emma Blackwell (first leg) and Hollie McGurk (third leg).
In the under-13 boys' team, Thornley ran the fourth leg to help them win a silver medal.
He attends Etonbury Middle School and has been competing for Bedford and County for the last two years.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 5 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
In the under-17 boys' team, Ryan Parker ran the fourth and final leg to help Beds and County to also win bronze. Other legs came from Dale Williamson (first), Alex Bellew (second) and Michael Goodwin (third).