Michelle puts in a strong performance at the Farnilee Slalom
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland. The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women s) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking com
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland.
The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women's) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking competitions.
Both days of competitions were well attended by paddlers from England, Scotland and Ireland, with the Scottish Junior Championships held on the Sunday in parallel with the ranking competitions.
On Saturday in the K1 event, her first run saw a strong performance but she picked up a few penalties. The second run was clean but slightly slower and overall Michelle finished in third place.
In the canoe slalom event, Michelle put in two strong performances around the course which resulted in her placed seventh overall and the first placed senior.
The next day, in the C1 event, the second run saw her shave 17 seconds off her first run time to finish in second place.
- 1 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 2 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 3 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 4 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 5 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 6 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
In the K1 event, two confident and clear runs led to a sixth place position overall and being awarded first placed senior.
This weekend sees members of the Baldock and District Canoe Club competing in an international canoe polo competition in Ypres, Belgium.