Michelle puts in a strong performance at the Farnilee Slalom
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland. The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women s) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking com
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland.
The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women's) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking competitions.
Both days of competitions were well attended by paddlers from England, Scotland and Ireland, with the Scottish Junior Championships held on the Sunday in parallel with the ranking competitions.
On Saturday in the K1 event, her first run saw a strong performance but she picked up a few penalties. The second run was clean but slightly slower and overall Michelle finished in third place.
You may also want to watch:
In the canoe slalom event, Michelle put in two strong performances around the course which resulted in her placed seventh overall and the first placed senior.
The next day, in the C1 event, the second run saw her shave 17 seconds off her first run time to finish in second place.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
In the K1 event, two confident and clear runs led to a sixth place position overall and being awarded first placed senior.
This weekend sees members of the Baldock and District Canoe Club competing in an international canoe polo competition in Ypres, Belgium.