Michelle puts in a strong performance at the Farnilee Slalom
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland. The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women s) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking com
Stotfold canoeist Michelle Grudzinski travelled to the Farnilee Slalom course near Selkirk in Scotland.
The Baldock and District Canoe Club member was in the Division Two (women's) kayak slalom (K1) and Division Three (mixed) canoe slalom (C1) ranking competitions.
Both days of competitions were well attended by paddlers from England, Scotland and Ireland, with the Scottish Junior Championships held on the Sunday in parallel with the ranking competitions.
On Saturday in the K1 event, her first run saw a strong performance but she picked up a few penalties. The second run was clean but slightly slower and overall Michelle finished in third place.
You may also want to watch:
In the canoe slalom event, Michelle put in two strong performances around the course which resulted in her placed seventh overall and the first placed senior.
The next day, in the C1 event, the second run saw her shave 17 seconds off her first run time to finish in second place.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
In the K1 event, two confident and clear runs led to a sixth place position overall and being awarded first placed senior.
This weekend sees members of the Baldock and District Canoe Club competing in an international canoe polo competition in Ypres, Belgium.