Michael finishes in top 10
THERE was a top 10 finish for leading FVS TRI cyclist Michael Summers. Summers stormed home in the Team MK Circuit Race at the MK Bowl on Saturday. The race was a one hour plus five laps format and the winning group raced for just over 30 miles. Having m
THERE was a top 10 finish for leading FVS TRI cyclist Michael Summers.
Summers stormed home in the Team MK Circuit Race at the MK Bowl on Saturday. The race was a one hour plus five laps format and the winning group raced for just over 30 miles.
Having missed the nine-man breakaway, he chased down the group alone to finish 10th.
He gained a BCF licence point towards his ranking and the coveted category one status. With 199 points to go, it is going to be a busy race season!
Kevin Smart made his road racing competitive debut in the same race and despite finding the pace faster than he expected managed to finish in a respectable position in the main bunch.
Summers travelled to his second race in two days to compete in the Ed Taylor Memorial Race in Essex. Finishing second in the bunch sprint, he managed a 17th overall but out of the points this time.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
Kevin Sambridge ran a personal best at the Silverstone Half Marathon based around the motor racing course. He just managed to dip under the one and half hour barrier for the first time in 1-29:56. Bradley Baynham completed his first half in a superb time of 1-37:57.