Matt is so Keen
Stockwood Park 39 Biggleswade 10 Midlands Four East (South) Biggleswade were second best again despite competing hard for much of the match. Late changes disrupted the team once again and the late call-ups included 46-year-old Colin Abraham making his le
Stockwood Park 39 Biggleswade 10
Midlands Four East (South)
Biggleswade were second best again despite competing hard for much of the match.
Late changes disrupted the team once again and the late call-ups included 46-year-old Colin Abraham making his league debut for the first XV.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Keen, a contender for captain next season, made a marked difference at fly-half. His tackling rate in defence was immense and his explosive burst of speed often created holes in the Stockwood line.
Keen scored Biggleswade's only try, while Mark Rastrick added the conversion and an early penalty.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 6 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
Other players to shine included Tom O'Connor at full-back who covered immense amounts of ground in defence. He made several last-gasp tackles in the corner to save certain tries.
In the forwards, Darryl Rogers' fitness meant that he too was able to get quickly about the field. Either side of him he had Dave Tyson and veteran Abraham so the front row was solid.
There is a break for Easter before the last league match at home to Oadby-Wyggestonians preceded by a lunch.