Matt is so Keen
Stockwood Park 39 Biggleswade 10 Midlands Four East (South) Biggleswade were second best again despite competing hard for much of the match. Late changes disrupted the team once again and the late call-ups included 46-year-old Colin Abraham making his le
Stockwood Park 39 Biggleswade 10
Midlands Four East (South)
Biggleswade were second best again despite competing hard for much of the match.
Late changes disrupted the team once again and the late call-ups included 46-year-old Colin Abraham making his league debut for the first XV.
Matt Keen, a contender for captain next season, made a marked difference at fly-half. His tackling rate in defence was immense and his explosive burst of speed often created holes in the Stockwood line.
Keen scored Biggleswade's only try, while Mark Rastrick added the conversion and an early penalty.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
Other players to shine included Tom O'Connor at full-back who covered immense amounts of ground in defence. He made several last-gasp tackles in the corner to save certain tries.
In the forwards, Darryl Rogers' fitness meant that he too was able to get quickly about the field. Either side of him he had Dave Tyson and veteran Abraham so the front row was solid.
There is a break for Easter before the last league match at home to Oadby-Wyggestonians preceded by a lunch.