Massive month ahead
Despite two defeats in 2007, Hitchin Town manager Darren Salton remains confident that his ambition of a play-off place is still realistic. Speaking at the latest Hitchin Town Supporters Trust Forum, Salton said: If anyone had said we would be sixth in
Despite two defeats in 2007, Hitchin Town manager Darren Salton remains confident that his ambition of a play-off place is still realistic.
Speaking at the latest Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust Forum, Salton said: "If anyone had said we would be sixth in the table at this stage of the season, we would all have taken that.
"Looking at the season as a whole, we have to pleased with our progress."
Salton said he was two players short of the type of team he wanted and that he was hoping to secure at least one in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
"Overall, I am pleased with my players, they are an excellent bunch of lads."
Assistant manager Ken Gillard added that the players were "doing as well as they can".
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
He also emphasised that "on our day, we can beat anyone.......but as you can see when we have a bad day, we can lose to anyone."
Salton and Gillard believe that the next month may decide the outcome of Hitchin's season.
Gillard added: "At the moment, it can go either way for us, so we have to be on top of our game this Saturday at Chippenham."
Around 30 people attended the supporters' trust forum.
The trip to Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday night in the semi-finals of the Herts Charity Cup was postponed.