Massive month ahead
Despite two defeats in 2007, Hitchin Town manager Darren Salton remains confident that his ambition of a play-off place is still realistic. Speaking at the latest Hitchin Town Supporters Trust Forum, Salton said: If anyone had said we would be sixth in
Despite two defeats in 2007, Hitchin Town manager Darren Salton remains confident that his ambition of a play-off place is still realistic.
Speaking at the latest Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust Forum, Salton said: "If anyone had said we would be sixth in the table at this stage of the season, we would all have taken that.
"Looking at the season as a whole, we have to pleased with our progress."
Salton said he was two players short of the type of team he wanted and that he was hoping to secure at least one in the near future.
"Overall, I am pleased with my players, they are an excellent bunch of lads."
Assistant manager Ken Gillard added that the players were "doing as well as they can".
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
He also emphasised that "on our day, we can beat anyone.......but as you can see when we have a bad day, we can lose to anyone."
Salton and Gillard believe that the next month may decide the outcome of Hitchin's season.
Gillard added: "At the moment, it can go either way for us, so we have to be on top of our game this Saturday at Chippenham."
Around 30 people attended the supporters' trust forum.
The trip to Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday night in the semi-finals of the Herts Charity Cup was postponed.