Marriotts gymnasts make grade at regional finals
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage. The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, there were some excellent pe
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage.
The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday, there were some excellent performances.
Katie Bell took overall gold in the club grade two event, and a place in the regional team for the national final.
You may also want to watch:
In grade one, Maddison Maranian became the first Marriotts gymnast to go through to the highest club grade.
She passed easily but just missed out on a place in the national final, finishing sixth overall.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
In compulsory grade three, Anna Young put in an excellent performance to take the silver medal.
Sunday was another great day of competition.
In British club grade four, there were passes for Melanie Grigg and Emma Chambers, while in club grade three, there was further success with Alexandra Radjenovic, Lucy Young and Jessica Barfoot also achieving passes.
Jessica finished fifth and qualified to the national final as Eastern Region team reserve.
The club will also have another interest in the nationals as the former Marriotts gymnast Chloe Webb finished fourth to also take a place in the regional team.