Marriotts gymnasts make grade at regional finals
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage. The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, there were some excellent pe
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage.
The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday, there were some excellent performances.
Katie Bell took overall gold in the club grade two event, and a place in the regional team for the national final.
In grade one, Maddison Maranian became the first Marriotts gymnast to go through to the highest club grade.
She passed easily but just missed out on a place in the national final, finishing sixth overall.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 5 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 8 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
In compulsory grade three, Anna Young put in an excellent performance to take the silver medal.
Sunday was another great day of competition.
In British club grade four, there were passes for Melanie Grigg and Emma Chambers, while in club grade three, there was further success with Alexandra Radjenovic, Lucy Young and Jessica Barfoot also achieving passes.
Jessica finished fifth and qualified to the national final as Eastern Region team reserve.
The club will also have another interest in the nationals as the former Marriotts gymnast Chloe Webb finished fourth to also take a place in the regional team.