Marriotts gymnasts make grade at regional finals
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage. The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, there were some excellent pe
It was a long and yet a rewarding weekend for the Marriotts Gymnastics Club from Stevenage.
The regional finals of the British Club Grades and Elite (Compulsory) Grades were held at Ipswich on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday, there were some excellent performances.
Katie Bell took overall gold in the club grade two event, and a place in the regional team for the national final.
In grade one, Maddison Maranian became the first Marriotts gymnast to go through to the highest club grade.
She passed easily but just missed out on a place in the national final, finishing sixth overall.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
In compulsory grade three, Anna Young put in an excellent performance to take the silver medal.
Sunday was another great day of competition.
In British club grade four, there were passes for Melanie Grigg and Emma Chambers, while in club grade three, there was further success with Alexandra Radjenovic, Lucy Young and Jessica Barfoot also achieving passes.
Jessica finished fifth and qualified to the national final as Eastern Region team reserve.
The club will also have another interest in the nationals as the former Marriotts gymnast Chloe Webb finished fourth to also take a place in the regional team.