Marriotts gymnasts in action
The acrobatic gymnasts of Marriotts Gym Club were in action again at the regional prelims . This is a regional championship competition from which the winners progress to the national final at Stoke-on-Trent in May. Top performance came from Aislinn Brow
The acrobatic gymnasts of Marriotts Gym Club were in action again at the 'regional prelims'.
This is a regional championship competition from which the winners progress to the national final at Stoke-on-Trent in May.
Top performance came from Aislinn Browne who finished first in the national one women's tumbling age 15 plus. She scored 24.30 to progress to the national final.
The national final will be Aislinn's last competition for the club before leaving to go to university in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
In the 12-14 year section, Amy Haughton finished in bronze medal position and Nataliya Smethurst fourth, while in the under-12 year section Ellen Daly just missed out on a national final place but took an excellent silver medal.
In the women's pairs floor exercise competition, the club's competitors put in good performances.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
At grade two, Rachael Osburn and Ellen Daly finished seventh, with Kelly Stringer and Nataliya Smethurst in 11th overall.
While in the grade one pairs, Amy Haughton and Evangeline Evans also competed but finished out of the medals.
In the women's groups where they compete as a trio, there was further success for Joanna James, Leanne Merrill and Ellen Daly taking the bronze medal.
Aislinn Brown, Kelly Stringer and Nataliya Smethurst finished 10th after a fall in their routine.