Marriotts gymnasts beat the rest
The acrobatic gymnasts from Marriotts in Stevenage entered the Eastern regional prelims. This was split between two weekends at Ipswich and Luton due to the large entry of high standard gymnasts. Bradley Sapsford and Ellen Daly competed in grade two for t
The acrobatic gymnasts from Marriotts in Stevenage entered the Eastern regional prelims.
This was split between two weekends at Ipswich and Luton due to the large entry of high standard gymnasts.
Bradley Sapsford and Ellen Daly competed in grade two for the first time together as a mixed pair, performing a confident routine and taking gold with a score of 22.55.
They will go on to represent the Eastern Region in the regional finals at Stoke-on-Trent in May.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne Merrill and Emma Hepsoe competed in women's pairs grade one, while Emma also competed in national one under-12 women's tumbling and Ellen Daly at national two 12-14 years.
Bradley also competed in the men's national two aged 15 plus tumbling at the second weekend in Luton, along with Evangeline Evans who took part in the national one 12-14years.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
Both put in solid performances with Bradley taking the silver medal at his level.
* The boys from Marriotts continued to build on past successes with a dozen also travelling to Ipswich to compete in the regional club grades competition, putting in excellent performances and achieving great results.
The youngest boys, David Fraser and Tom Clements, took impressive gold and silver respectively in the under-eights section.
Frankie Hillier, Noah Hume, Kieran McGowan and Nathan Tella all put in personal best performances in primary four with Ross Bell qualifying through to the next round.
In the primary two section, Ben Drew, Alex Carrier and Zoli Andrews all managed to make it through for regional selection on April 20, joining Sebastian Jaunzens who qualified in primary one and narrowly missed a medal.
Daniel Gardner, competing in intermediate two, qualified to represent the Eastern Region at the national finals in May.