Linton’s powerful backing
ANOTHER North Herts rising star is hoping to follow in the tyre tracks of Lewis Hamilton. Linton Stutely from Hitchin kicked off his Formula Ford season on Easter Monday at Oulton Park with a crowd in excess of 40,000 to see all the action. He is part of
ANOTHER North Herts rising star is hoping to follow in the tyre tracks of Lewis Hamilton.
Linton Stutely from Hitchin kicked off his Formula Ford season on Easter Monday at Oulton Park with a crowd in excess of 40,000 to see all the action.
He is part of a new team with a new engine, chassis and sponsor.
Qualifying went well with Linton in third place, and during the race containing 24 runners, he achieved a creditable sixth.
You may also want to watch:
Linton said: "Now that I am racing in a competitive car at the front end of the grid, I know I have a lot to learn in terms of overtaking and outbraking drivers who have the car to race me on level terms.
"And I know, even after this first race, where improvements can be made.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
"I am pleased with the start I have made, and grateful to all those who have given me this great start to the season - my team, engineers, loyal supporters, and especially Power Pill UK Ltd for their help, support and advice in moving the team forward."
Linton is being sponsored by the Welwyn company Power Pill UK Ltd.
Leon Warner, chief executive officer of Power Pill UK, said: "We wish Linton every success for the forthcoming season."
To follow Linton's progress this season and to read more about Power Pill UK Ltd, go to www.powerpilluk.com/linton.asp
Comet readers will receive a 10 per cent discount on Power Pill orders of one to four packs through the website www.powerpilluk.com when using the promotional code 'LINTON'.