Linton’s powerful backing
ANOTHER North Herts rising star is hoping to follow in the tyre tracks of Lewis Hamilton. Linton Stutely from Hitchin kicked off his Formula Ford season on Easter Monday at Oulton Park with a crowd in excess of 40,000 to see all the action. He is part of
ANOTHER North Herts rising star is hoping to follow in the tyre tracks of Lewis Hamilton.
Linton Stutely from Hitchin kicked off his Formula Ford season on Easter Monday at Oulton Park with a crowd in excess of 40,000 to see all the action.
He is part of a new team with a new engine, chassis and sponsor.
Qualifying went well with Linton in third place, and during the race containing 24 runners, he achieved a creditable sixth.
Linton said: "Now that I am racing in a competitive car at the front end of the grid, I know I have a lot to learn in terms of overtaking and outbraking drivers who have the car to race me on level terms.
"And I know, even after this first race, where improvements can be made.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
"I am pleased with the start I have made, and grateful to all those who have given me this great start to the season - my team, engineers, loyal supporters, and especially Power Pill UK Ltd for their help, support and advice in moving the team forward."
Linton is being sponsored by the Welwyn company Power Pill UK Ltd.
Leon Warner, chief executive officer of Power Pill UK, said: "We wish Linton every success for the forthcoming season."
To follow Linton's progress this season and to read more about Power Pill UK Ltd, go to www.powerpilluk.com/linton.asp
Comet readers will receive a 10 per cent discount on Power Pill orders of one to four packs through the website www.powerpilluk.com when using the promotional code 'LINTON'.