Letchworth win by a point following Ruislip’s late missed conversion
- Credit: Archant
A missed conversion by Ruislip in the final minutes ensured it was Letchworth who won their nail-biting London One North match 28-27.
Legends coach Liam Fitts had said before the match that he had a good feeling about this one but his heart must have been in his mouth when Ruislip touched down in the corner in the 79th minute to make the score 28-27 to Letchworth.
There was a deathly silence at Legends Lane as Ruislip then kicked for the win, but fortunately for the hosts the following conversion drifted wide of the left-hand post.
There was still five minutes of defending to be done by Letchworth however as they kept Ruislip at bay but the victory was no less than Letchworth deserved following a very good display which included four conversions for 17-year-old starlet Dan Dukes.
Skipper Richard Stokes opened the scoring for the home side with Dukes putting away the conversion.
You may also want to watch:
There were further Letchworth tries from Ifereimi Vukinavanua, Luke Campbell and Luke Mongston to take a 21-10 lead before Ruislip hit back to push the Legends all the way to the final whistle.
Letchworth are 10th in London One North. They travel to the team above them, Fullerians, this Saturday.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 5 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found
Places for lunch ahead of the game with Brentwood on Saturday, January 28 are going fast. Diners are advised to call Brian Burke to book on 07768 274937.