Letchworth’s youngsters show promise for the future
The mini tennis red under-eight team at Letchworth Tennis Club had a fantastic time at Hatfield competing in the Herts Youth Games recently. The quartet of Sam Tomlinson, Edward Wilsher, Alice Turner and Danielle Latter won their group. They beat teams fr
The mini tennis red under-eight team at Letchworth Tennis Club had a fantastic time at Hatfield competing in the Herts Youth Games recently.
The quartet of Sam Tomlinson, Edward Wilsher, Alice Turner and Danielle Latter won their group.
They beat teams from Broxbourne, Three Rivers, St Albans and Dacorum before losing to Stevenage in the final.
The children played well as a team and enjoyed the whole experience.
They were especially excited to receive their medals, certificates and prizes from Colin Jackson!
The orange team at Letchworth have won their group in the Herts Cluster Team League and now play Harpenden in the play-offs to qualify for the finals at Queenswood.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 3 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 4 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 5 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 6 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
The green team in the same event competed well in their league but were edged out as runners-up to Welwyn whom they had narrowly beaten in the rounds.
The club is holding a Red Cluster Matchplay on Saturday, June 17, and an Orange one on Saturday, July 1, both from 4-6pm.
Non members are welcome. Please phone the club on 01462 657444 for more details.