Letchworth’s youngsters show promise for the future
The mini tennis red under-eight team at Letchworth Tennis Club had a fantastic time at Hatfield competing in the Herts Youth Games recently. The quartet of Sam Tomlinson, Edward Wilsher, Alice Turner and Danielle Latter won their group. They beat teams fr
The mini tennis red under-eight team at Letchworth Tennis Club had a fantastic time at Hatfield competing in the Herts Youth Games recently.
The quartet of Sam Tomlinson, Edward Wilsher, Alice Turner and Danielle Latter won their group.
They beat teams from Broxbourne, Three Rivers, St Albans and Dacorum before losing to Stevenage in the final.
The children played well as a team and enjoyed the whole experience.
They were especially excited to receive their medals, certificates and prizes from Colin Jackson!
The orange team at Letchworth have won their group in the Herts Cluster Team League and now play Harpenden in the play-offs to qualify for the finals at Queenswood.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
The green team in the same event competed well in their league but were edged out as runners-up to Welwyn whom they had narrowly beaten in the rounds.
The club is holding a Red Cluster Matchplay on Saturday, June 17, and an Orange one on Saturday, July 1, both from 4-6pm.
Non members are welcome. Please phone the club on 01462 657444 for more details.