Letchworth Rink Hockey Club bring back international favourite
- Credit: LETCHWORTH RINK HOCKEY CLUB
A former England international who played for Letchworth Rink Hockey Club is back to pass on her accumulated knowledge to the next generation.
Becky Coates. who turned out for Retford as well as Letchworth and England for whom she played in several European and World Championships, has joined the coaching team with the move all part of the club's plan to get more females playing.
She said: "I started playing when I was 10, going to sessions at Fearnhill Sports Centre during one summer holiday. That was where I met Andrew and Nigel Allen and they invited me to come along to the club.
"From the minute I attended that first training session I loved it and roller hockey was a very big part of my life in my formative years until my mid-late 20s."
She moved away from the area in 2017 but is now back and eager to help wherever she can.
"I am really looking forward to being part of the club again," she said. "The club gave me so much when I was growing up and it would be a privilege to give something back and to help future generations enjoy the sport."
Training for new beginners is on Thursday evenings for an hour starting at 5.30pm. It tales place at Knights Templar Sports Centre.
- 1 Man charged following North Herts armed robbery
- 2 Large amount of 'mindless damage' dealt to Hitchin estate
- 3 Nissan Qashqai damaged during Letchworth 'vandalism'
- 4 Pupil wins competition to name community space at former bus station
- 5 Teenager's mountain bike stolen outside Hitchin McDonalds
- 6 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 7 When to put the clocks back as British Summer Time ends this month
- 8 When will the £324 cost of living payment be made?
- 9 How does one move from full employment to retirement without becoming thoroughly bored?
- 10 Patrols to be increased following alleged arson in Letchworth park
North Herts Leisure Centre offer a social skate on Sunday afternoons between 4pm and 6pm where you can hire skates or bring your own if have them and burn off some energy.
A lot of the club's current players still attend these sessions as they love to be on their skates.
For more information go to www.mylrhc.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org