Letchworth march on
LETCHWORTH were in great form on Sunday at Broxbourne in the Becker Cup. Letchworth reached 261 all out off 49.4 overs, with significant contributions from John Hilliard (69), Richard Walsh (45), Dave Albon (42) and Ben Cottenden (29) before a solid bowli
LETCHWORTH were in great form on Sunday at Broxbourne in the Becker Cup.
Letchworth reached 261 all out off 49.4 overs, with significant contributions from John Hilliard (69), Richard Walsh (45), Dave Albon (42) and Ben Cottenden (29) before a solid bowling performance saw them dismiss the home side for 159 off 48 overs.
Stewart Roberts took 3-42, Tom Cranston 2-23, Cottenden 2-43 and Richard Jerome 1-20 shared the wickets.
Letchworth now entertain Hemel Hempstead in the last 16.
Letchworth 2nd XI were again among the runs at Fairfield Park on Sunday totalling 245 against bottom side Wormley, led by Simon Elliott (90), Graham Bishton (55) and Tom Cranston (34 not out) before Adam Jenkins (7-55) bowled Letchworth to a comfortable victory.
The 3rd XI, by contrast, had a dismal day at Leverstock Green 2nd XI where they were bowled out for 127 and lost by 10 wickets.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
The 4th XI reached 209 all out at Elstree 2nd XI, Mike Fernando making 62 and skipper Colin Chatfield 41, but Elstree reached their target with six wickets down despite James Newsome's 5-55.
The 5th XI had a crushing victory over league newcomers Chiltern 06 with veteran Jeremy Gillham making 99 and skipper Dan Burley 62 in their total of 250 before bowling the home side out for just 64.
There was also a crushing win in a hastily arranged friendly on Sunday with Dane Hurst (72), Simon Morris (56) and Jono Gordon (37) leading the way in a total of 267-9 against Greenwood Park who were dismissed for 69.