Ladies hockey Letchworth Ladies were crushed 5-0 at home by Thurrock. Other scores: Letch Ladies II 1 (Rachel Williams) South Herts 7, Letch Ladies III 5 (Deborah Wren hat-trick, Julie Fewings, Melanie White) Saffron Walden II 5, Letch Ladies IV 0 Berkha
Letchworth Ladies were crushed 5-0 at home by Thurrock.
Other scores: Letch Ladies II 1 (Rachel Williams) South Herts 7, Letch Ladies III 5 (Deborah Wren hat-trick, Julie Fewings, Melanie White) Saffron Walden II 5, Letch Ladies IV 0 Berkhamsted II 1.
A sluggish start condemned Stevenage Ladies to a 4-2 defeat against Bromley and Beckenham.
They had the worst possible start to their second league match by letting in three quick goals within 11 minutes, all from penalty corners.
With such a big deficit, it was always going to be a challenge to salvage anything from the fixture.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Stevenage slowly managed to regain some control of the play and were rewarded with a penalty flick after 20 minutes when the keeper was penalised for illegally obstructing the ball.
Stand-in captain Jude Weston was unlucky to have her stroke saved by a competent keeper. Minutes later, Stevenage found a response when player of the match Kate Chapman's penalty corner strike found the net.
Stevenage soaked up second-half pressure but a penalty corner saw B&B extend their lead to 4-1.
Heads did not go down and Stevenage responded moments later when Lucy Harvey carved up the middle of the pitch before a fine finish into the bottom corner.
Stevenage will look for a better result this Saturday when they face cup rivals Waltham Forest at home (12.15pm at Nobel School).
Other scores: Stev Ladies II 1 (Debbie Church) Bishop's Stortford III 1, Stev Ladies III 6 (Sam Franklin, Nicki Reynolds two, Rebecca Hemmings, Gemma Penny, Kate Scorer) South Herts II 0, Stev Ladies IV 0 St Neots IV 7, Stev Ladies V 0 Bedford 4ths 8.
The second team of Blueharts Ladies were 3-0 winners over Rothamsted in their first league match.
A fine ball in from player of the match Susie Powell saw Gina Joseph put the ball away nicely through the keeper's legs
Blueharts won a succession of short corners and Kate Rogers' fine strike first time made it 2-0.
Deb Thomson and Sarah Ince worked tirelessly in midfield with Ince picking up a painful groin injury before snatching a third goal.