Defeat for Letchworth Eagles ends Herts Senior County League Premier Division Cup hopes
- Credit: LGCEFC
Letchworth Eagles' hopes of reaching the semi-final of the Herts Senior County League Premier Division Cup ended with a home defeat to Bush Hill Rangers.
The 3-1 loss means the visitors to Pixmore are in pole position and just need a draw in their final game with Royston Town Reserves to advance.
Eagles meanwhile will go into their final game at home to Colney Heath Res hoping to have one or two players available to them again after lining up against Rangers minus a couple because of injuries and suspensions.
Chances were few and far between in the early going, Mark Summers having the best one for Eagles, but he put the hosts ahead at half-time thanks to a penalty given for handball.
Bush Hill turned up the pressure in the second half though and equalised on the hour mark.
It did appear as it Letchworth had regained the upper hand when a melee following a foul on Sam Nicholls ended with Kamal Miah of Bush Hill being sent off for a second yellow.
But the visitors defied that to take the lead and with Eagles themselves down to 10 men, this because of injuries, they finished it off with a third.
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 10 Stevenage Borough Council: Labour maintains council control, Mayor loses seat and party leader reactions