Legends lose at Chingford
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth suffered a heavy defeat at Chingford as London One North resumed after the Christmas break.
The Legends went down 53-5 in north east London against the side currently third in the league table.
A few Letchworth players carried injuries into the game and they fell behind to an early Chingford penalty. The hosts then moved the ball upfield in a succession of drives until they played the ball out wide for an overlap to go over in the corner.
Another two tries followed to make the score 24-0 and all but end the tie as a contest.
After the break Letchworth picked up the baton for a good period of time however Chingford broke out in one fine move to allow their winger to score in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
A break by Richard Stokes saw Phil Amuaniuna stopped short of the line but further drives led by James Eliaschewsky saw Ben Cullen go over for Legends’ only score of the game.
Despite several sorties into the home side’s 22 it was all Chingford at the death with three late scores leaving the ledger somewhat unbalanced.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 3 Body found in search for missing woman
- 4 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 7 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 8 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 9 'Incredible response' to music festival's line-up announcement
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
Letchworth must now pick themselves up ahead of their home match with Ruislip on Saturday. There will be a league lunch beforehand. To book call Brian Burke on 07768 274037.