League begins 26th season
The North Herts Cricket League, which is now in its 26th season, is again being sponsored by Broadview Windows from Stevenage. There are 20 teams in two divisions with Letchworth and Bramfield joining the league. Titanic and Breachwood Green have been pro
The North Herts Cricket League, which is now in its 26th season, is again being sponsored by Broadview Windows from Stevenage.
There are 20 teams in two divisions with Letchworth and Bramfield joining the league.
Titanic and Breachwood Green have been promoted to Division One with Great Gaddesden and Therfield and Kelshall dropping down a division.
The league fixtures start in earnest on May 4, although there are several games this Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday, April 27
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
Division One: Offley and Stopsley v Breachwood Green, Reed v Ickleford.
Division Two: Graveley v Datchworth, Great Gaddesden v Lilley.
* Hitchin defied the cold and rain to win their first friendly of the season on Saturday by five wickets against Preston at Lucas Lane.
In a 35-over game, Preston won the toss and elected to bat first and made 169 all out with skipper Ashley Catlin top scoring on 42.
Savo Balac starred with the ball for Hitchin taking 4-20 with his off spin.
In reply, Hitchin reached their target with six overs to spare thanks to an excellent 86no from Danny Fair.
* Pirton are starting colts coaching this Sunday morning.
It is for boys and girls, aged eight to 14, at the Pirton Recreation Ground in Walnut Tree Road from 10.30am to midday.
Any new young cricketers interested are welcome to go along. A full fixture list - in the Herts Colts Leagues at under-11, 13, 14 and 15 levels - has been arranged.