League begins 26th season
The North Herts Cricket League, which is now in its 26th season, is again being sponsored by Broadview Windows from Stevenage. There are 20 teams in two divisions with Letchworth and Bramfield joining the league. Titanic and Breachwood Green have been pro
The North Herts Cricket League, which is now in its 26th season, is again being sponsored by Broadview Windows from Stevenage.
There are 20 teams in two divisions with Letchworth and Bramfield joining the league.
Titanic and Breachwood Green have been promoted to Division One with Great Gaddesden and Therfield and Kelshall dropping down a division.
The league fixtures start in earnest on May 4, although there are several games this Sunday.
Sunday, April 27
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Division One: Offley and Stopsley v Breachwood Green, Reed v Ickleford.
Division Two: Graveley v Datchworth, Great Gaddesden v Lilley.
* Hitchin defied the cold and rain to win their first friendly of the season on Saturday by five wickets against Preston at Lucas Lane.
In a 35-over game, Preston won the toss and elected to bat first and made 169 all out with skipper Ashley Catlin top scoring on 42.
Savo Balac starred with the ball for Hitchin taking 4-20 with his off spin.
In reply, Hitchin reached their target with six overs to spare thanks to an excellent 86no from Danny Fair.
* Pirton are starting colts coaching this Sunday morning.
It is for boys and girls, aged eight to 14, at the Pirton Recreation Ground in Walnut Tree Road from 10.30am to midday.
Any new young cricketers interested are welcome to go along. A full fixture list - in the Herts Colts Leagues at under-11, 13, 14 and 15 levels - has been arranged.