Leach showing promise
Stevenage and North Herts AC sent 29 cross country runners to the Chiltern League s second winter fixture, at RAF Halton, Buckinghamshire. With a reduced number of runners than at the first fixture, their overall team place slipped from 11th to 13th. Hig
Stevenage and North Herts AC sent 29 cross country runners to the Chiltern League's second winter fixture, at RAF Halton, Buckinghamshire.
With a reduced number of runners than at the first fixture, their overall team place slipped from 11th to 13th.
Highest placed was Matthew Leach with a splendid seventh place in a field of 50, in the Under-15 boys event. Backing him up in 20th and 39th places, Paul Spicer and Peter De'Ath closed the team in ninth place.
Danielle Murphy was up against 62 other runners in the Under-13 girls race. She also had a very good run, to place 10th, followed in by Sophie Keeble in 36th place. Not to be outdone by her younger clubmates, Under-15 girl, Hannah Dewhurst placed 12th with Sarah Pike coming home in 37th out of 50 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Running as the lone club runner in the Under-13 boys category didn't stop Keiran McQue from finishing a great 14th in his race of 53 runners.
The Senior, Under-20 and Veteran men ran together scoring as 13th team overall.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts