Leach showing promise
Stevenage and North Herts AC sent 29 cross country runners to the Chiltern League s second winter fixture, at RAF Halton, Buckinghamshire. With a reduced number of runners than at the first fixture, their overall team place slipped from 11th to 13th. Hig
Stevenage and North Herts AC sent 29 cross country runners to the Chiltern League's second winter fixture, at RAF Halton, Buckinghamshire.
With a reduced number of runners than at the first fixture, their overall team place slipped from 11th to 13th.
Highest placed was Matthew Leach with a splendid seventh place in a field of 50, in the Under-15 boys event. Backing him up in 20th and 39th places, Paul Spicer and Peter De'Ath closed the team in ninth place.
Danielle Murphy was up against 62 other runners in the Under-13 girls race. She also had a very good run, to place 10th, followed in by Sophie Keeble in 36th place. Not to be outdone by her younger clubmates, Under-15 girl, Hannah Dewhurst placed 12th with Sarah Pike coming home in 37th out of 50 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Running as the lone club runner in the Under-13 boys category didn't stop Keiran McQue from finishing a great 14th in his race of 53 runners.
The Senior, Under-20 and Veteran men ran together scoring as 13th team overall.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss