Leach rolls back the years with Welwyn win
- Credit: Archant
North Herts Road Runners’ outstanding veteran 50+ athlete Andrew Leach showed younger runners a clean pair of heels on Sunday as he sped round the Love Welwyn 10K to win the race outright.
Team-mate Steve Tracy, currently training for a spring a marathon, finished in 40 minutes 39 seconds while Nicky Kemp was delighted to clock her fastest time for a couple of years with 48:58.
Another V50 in sparkling form was Nick Malpeli, whose 1:21:30 clocked at the Wokingham Half Marathon saw him place ninth in the national rankings.
Linda Aird took on the challenge of the Harrow Hill 10K and won her age group in 54:04.
Several members took part in parkruns on Saturday with Chris Priestley running 27:34 in the heat in Hobart, Tasmania.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home Simon Poole finished fourth in the Stevenage parkrun followed by Oliver Garbas in 20:27, Chloe Lucas who clocked 22:43, Bob Davies in 26:22 and Ellie Scott in 37:22.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found