Ladies taught lesson
Letchworth Ladies were taught a lesson in the East Premier League. They were beaten 3-0 by the students from Cambridge University. Jo Pinn scored the only goal as the thirds beat Stevenage Ladies seconds 1-0. Stevenage Ladies moved back into second in the
Letchworth Ladies were taught a lesson in the East Premier League.
They were beaten 3-0 by the students from Cambridge University.
Jo Pinn scored the only goal as the thirds beat Stevenage Ladies seconds 1-0.
Stevenage Ladies moved back into second in the league with a storming 2-0 victory against Ipswich thirds.
You may also want to watch:
The tough opposition did not phase Stevenage as they soon settled into the pace of the game to give them the upper hand.
The first goal followed pressure in the attacking half and a short corner with Gemma Wickham drag flicking the ball into the back of the net.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
The second half saw Ipswich come out harder and faster, challenging all the Stevenage players.
Joint players of the match Zoe Heaton and Liz Gates, along with the defence and Lisa Pickard in goal, kept Ipswich from scoring.
Stevenage maintained their passing, communication and attacking purpose and a deserved strike by Hannah Finch secured the 2-0 win and the points.