Ladies search for more players
Hitchin Ladies rugby team are looking for new talent. They invite any ladies from Hitchin and the surrounding areas to come along to the club and join the team. The ladies team has been together for the last three seasons. Spokesman Kerry Kerslake said:
Hitchin Ladies' rugby team are looking for new talent.
They invite any ladies from Hitchin and the surrounding areas to come along to the club and join the team.
The ladies' team has been together for the last three seasons.
Spokesman Kerry Kerslake said: "If you have played before and would like to get back into it, or if you have never played before, you are very welcome to join in.
"It's a great way of getting fit, and it does not matter what size or shape you are in rugby, there is a position for you. The most important point is - it's fun!"
Women's rugby is becoming more popular, although there are still few teams locally.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
There is also an under-17s team at Hitchin, so girls are welcome too.
Training is at Hitchin Rugby Club in Old Hale Way on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.30pm.
All potential ladies are invited to an open evening this Tuesday (September 12).
This will be a basic training session for any newcomers who would like to give rugby a try.
Kerslake added: "It's a chance for players to learn some basic rules and moves in the game but also to have some fun. The club bar will be open for those wishing to quench their thirst after the training session!