Ladies search for more players
Hitchin Ladies rugby team are looking for new talent. They invite any ladies from Hitchin and the surrounding areas to come along to the club and join the team. The ladies team has been together for the last three seasons. Spokesman Kerry Kerslake said:
Hitchin Ladies' rugby team are looking for new talent.
They invite any ladies from Hitchin and the surrounding areas to come along to the club and join the team.
The ladies' team has been together for the last three seasons.
Spokesman Kerry Kerslake said: "If you have played before and would like to get back into it, or if you have never played before, you are very welcome to join in.
"It's a great way of getting fit, and it does not matter what size or shape you are in rugby, there is a position for you. The most important point is - it's fun!"
Women's rugby is becoming more popular, although there are still few teams locally.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
There is also an under-17s team at Hitchin, so girls are welcome too.
Training is at Hitchin Rugby Club in Old Hale Way on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.30pm.
All potential ladies are invited to an open evening this Tuesday (September 12).
This will be a basic training session for any newcomers who would like to give rugby a try.
Kerslake added: "It's a chance for players to learn some basic rules and moves in the game but also to have some fun. The club bar will be open for those wishing to quench their thirst after the training session!