Ladies into last 16
Riverain Ladies enjoyed an excellent week as they won their Zone Final against Oxford and District to take them into the last 16 of the Vivienne Trophy. The ladies won by just one shot but it was enough to put them into the next stage of the competition
Riverain Ladies enjoyed an excellent week as they won their Zone Final against Oxford and District to take them into the last 16 of the Vivienne Trophy.
The ladies won by just one shot but it was enough to put them into the next stage of the competition where they will play Westlecott (Swindon).
The home teams of Joyce Rolph, Jean Hayward, Aileen Weaver and Skip Shirley Houghton together with Val Bacon, Pat M Smith, Anne Graves and Veronica Mead won by 47 shots to 43 while the away teams of Sharon Allen, Chris Hensler, Marjorie Emery and skip Barbara Eddington together with Dorothy Whitlock, Barbara Turner, Mina Reid and Skip Diane Porter lost by 36 shots to 39.
Friendly v Thameside Wanderers: Mick Judd beat E Milledge 22-15, Bob Wells beat C Reid 22-19, P Miller beat Sam Skinner 20-16, H Robinson beat Kathy Maxwell 22-18, Tony Rolph beat E Blows 23-17, B Cook beat Mick Butler 23-13, Jim Baird beat R Miller 37-11, Tom Power beat G Hines 20-17. Overall score 171-144 to Riverain.
You may also want to watch:
Friendly v Herga I B Club: A Newson beat Mick Hyde 27-17, C Attree beat Dave Worker 23-16, G Purchase beat Daniel Sheenan 32-15, Brian Beedell beat A Charwood 28-16, Barbara Clark beat J Webb 20-16, R Porter beat Doug Major 26-15. Overall score 140-111 to Herga Bowls Club.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school