Ladies into last 16
Riverain Ladies enjoyed an excellent week as they won their Zone Final against Oxford and District to take them into the last 16 of the Vivienne Trophy. The ladies won by just one shot but it was enough to put them into the next stage of the competition
Riverain Ladies enjoyed an excellent week as they won their Zone Final against Oxford and District to take them into the last 16 of the Vivienne Trophy.
The ladies won by just one shot but it was enough to put them into the next stage of the competition where they will play Westlecott (Swindon).
The home teams of Joyce Rolph, Jean Hayward, Aileen Weaver and Skip Shirley Houghton together with Val Bacon, Pat M Smith, Anne Graves and Veronica Mead won by 47 shots to 43 while the away teams of Sharon Allen, Chris Hensler, Marjorie Emery and skip Barbara Eddington together with Dorothy Whitlock, Barbara Turner, Mina Reid and Skip Diane Porter lost by 36 shots to 39.
Friendly v Thameside Wanderers: Mick Judd beat E Milledge 22-15, Bob Wells beat C Reid 22-19, P Miller beat Sam Skinner 20-16, H Robinson beat Kathy Maxwell 22-18, Tony Rolph beat E Blows 23-17, B Cook beat Mick Butler 23-13, Jim Baird beat R Miller 37-11, Tom Power beat G Hines 20-17. Overall score 171-144 to Riverain.
You may also want to watch:
Friendly v Herga I B Club: A Newson beat Mick Hyde 27-17, C Attree beat Dave Worker 23-16, G Purchase beat Daniel Sheenan 32-15, Brian Beedell beat A Charwood 28-16, Barbara Clark beat J Webb 20-16, R Porter beat Doug Major 26-15. Overall score 140-111 to Herga Bowls Club.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth