Ladies hit oppo for six
Ladies football Arlesey Town Ladies hit Sandy for six in the first round of the Beds County Cup. Player of the match Libby Pennett put her side in front with a shot from the edge of the box in the ninth minute. Arlesey s second goal came at the end of th
Arlesey Town Ladies hit Sandy for six in the first round of the Beds County Cup.
Player of the match Libby Pennett put her side in front with a shot from the edge of the box in the ninth minute.
Arlesey's second goal came at the end of the half when Marie Clarke crossed and Pennett headed home.
Their third goal came from a corner which resulted in an own goal by a Sandy player on 59th minute.
Clarke secured their fourth eight minutes later when she slotted the ball past the keeper.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
With 10 minutes to go, Sarah Tayler scored with a 35-yard shot that sailed into the far corner of the net.
Arlesey's final goal came from sub Sarah Smith.
The dominance of the Blues can be shown with the stats from the tie - 14 corners and 29 shots (15 on target and 14 off target).
The second team faced Kings Sports, also in the county cup, and were beaten 5-0.
Manager's player of the match was Selena Lawrence with Julia Booker and Emma Chamberlain picking up joint players' player accolades.