Ks win battle of the villages
Knebworth took the spoils in a local derby between neighbouring villages as they beat Codicote 4-1. The victory saw them move up two places to 10th in the Herts Senior County League. Winger Richard Dove gave the hosts a 10th minute lead, only for Codicote
Knebworth took the spoils in a local derby between neighbouring villages as they beat Codicote 4-1.
The victory saw them move up two places to 10th in the Herts Senior County League.
Winger Richard Dove gave the hosts a 10th minute lead, only for Codicote's Joel Mason to respond almost immediately to level the scores.
The Ks regrouped and powered to a 3-1 half-time lead courtesy of Seb Evans and Graham Dove strikes.
Knebworth soaked up pressure during the second half and nullified the game before substitute Adrian Turner added a fourth.
Boss Tony Lamacraft was delighted with his players and said: "I thought they were all outstanding."
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Knebworth host Met Police Bushey this Saturday and will be looking to record back-to-back wins for the first time since March.
Codicote will be glad October is over as they suffered four straight defeats during the month.