Knebworth Park take the win over Chorleywood with Josh Roseberry the star
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Opener Josh Roseberry led Knebworth Park to thrilling victory away to Chorleywood to kick-start their Herts Cricket League Division Two A campaign.
He hit an unbeaten 65 as Park crept over the line with three balls to spare.
They were chasing 120, a reduced target from the 165-9 scored by the hosts, brought about because of a break for rain.
Niels Hart and Gareth Jones (2-30) set the tone early on with controlled bowling and Archie Stephens and Guy Warman (2-27) kept that going before Alex Richmond finished things off with 4-39.
Knebworth's reply suffered the initial loss of Kobie Richmond but Roseberry, along with Charlie Randall and Sergeant, knuckled down and grafted hard for the runs.
It got them to 85-2 with 10 overs left but a flurry of further wickets in the scramble for the winning runs dropped them to 107-6.
Roseberry managed to hit 10 runs in one over but in a tense climax it took almost six overs to snatch the last 12 runs, a four from the star leaving them with the win on 122-7.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre