Double tournament joy for young and old at Knebworth Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
There was a double success at Knebworth Golf Club this week as both the seniors and juniors showed their form.
In the Hertfordshire Seniors Golf Championship, held at West Herts Golf Club, Mark Williams was the clear winner with a two-round score of 146 with Knebworth club mate, Graham Williams, second on 150.
The club’s Phil Cook was 13th out of the 72 competitors with a score of 155.
Just a day later Knebworth hosted its own Junior Open with 48 boys and girls from Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Suffolk and Lincolnshire competing on a very hot day.
The home club entered 10 players and it was their own Louis Hudspith who took the first prize for his net score of 63, which also left him a creditable fifth in the gross score category.
You may also want to watch:
Tala Clarke got the best girls’ score with a 78 (net 70) while Callum McCarthy, William Paas, George Abbott and Darcie West also scored well.
- 1 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 4 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 7 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 8 Council warns of 'extremely high infection rate' in Stevenage ward
- 9 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 10 Sir Keir Starmer pays tribute to NHS staff after vaccine centre visit