Knebworth Golf Club choose Garden House Hospice Care as nominated charity
- Credit: KNEBWORTH GC
A new season finally feels here at Knebworth Golf Club - which means the start of a busy year of fund-raising as well as enjoying the sport.
With golfers now back on the fairways, the captains of the Deard's End Lane-based club have nominated their chosen charity for the season.
John Watson and Emma Duckworth have nominated Garden House Hospice Care in Letchworth and will be running a programme of events to support them through the year.
Watson said: "Garden House is very special to me. In the last year the pandemic has cost them £25,000 a week in lost income that supports their fantastic work in making a huge difference to patients and families facing life limiting illness."
The activities begin with the Captains’ Charity Golf Day on June 11 which in addition to a team stableford competition will include an online auction and raffle.
There is also a celebrity golf day planned for September 30, featuring sport and TV stars, and a Sportsman’s Dinner in November.
And both Watson and Butterworth will be undertaking some gruelling challenges themselves. These include 72 holes on the longest day and a 52 mile walk round Hitchin, Letchworth and Stevenage over three days in August.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Harry Holgate from Garden House said: "We are very grateful for the support of Knebworth GoIf Club.
"They have had experience of the work of the hospice and understand the pressures we are under during these difficult times."
Businesses or individuals who want to take part in or support the planned activities should email email@example.com for more information.