King’s top of the league
Fairlands Valley Spartans Chris King won the women s 45 plus category in the Midweek Road Race League series of four events. She was presented with her award after the Mob Match in Trent Park, near Cockfosters, last Wednesday evening. The Mob Match bri
Fairlands Valley Spartans' Chris King won the women's 45 plus category in the Midweek Road Race League series of four events.
She was presented with her award after the 'Mob Match' in Trent Park, near Cockfosters, last Wednesday evening.
The Mob Match brings together all 13 clubs in both midweek league divisions.
In this trail race over about 9.6k, the Stevenage-based Spartans were seventh in the overall result and delighted to beat some Division One clubs. The Spartan women were fifth.
All ran together but separate results were announced for men and women.
Women's times: Kath Hardcastle 36:50, Annette Bell 39:03, Chris King 41:01, Tessa Stephenson 43:44, Sharon Crowley 46:22, Julie Goodwin 50:14, Nikki Nation 52:47, Jeanette Collins 52:57, Lorraine Thomas 53:19, Sue Connell 53:32.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Men's times: Graham Blackburn 35:49, Mark Beasley 38:11, Steve Smithson 39:45, Dave Stephenson 40:10, Jim Brown 40:11, Andy Bramall 40:56, Mark Collins 41:39, Richard Sidlin 42:17, Mark Goodwin 42:20, Tony Osborne 42:38, Mick Connell 43:33, Mark Glading 43:49, Paul Holgate 44:00, Nick Stewart 45:38, Dave Huffington 46:46, Tony Willson 48:45, David Smith 51:31, Mark Freeman 52:00.
Two Spartans were in the Faroe Islands on Sunday for the Torshavn Marathon - it was hilly, cold, wet and windy! Frances Ridgway was second lady in 4-00:31 while Roger Biggs finished in 4-03:59.
The previous weekend, four Spartans took part in the Andredsweald Circuit Off Road Marathon.
This was a hilly event in the South Downs based on Forest Row, East Sussex. The course was on a combination of minor roads, tracks, fields, stiles etc.
Spartan times over the full 26.2 miles were: Mike Newbitt 5-17:26, Roger Biggs 6-13:21, Robert Hardy 6-28:04, Dave Carter 7-41:33, Pauline Hardy (14-mile option) 3-53:05.