Kids show talent at kickboxing show
THE youngsters from TS Kickboxing Club showed what they can do in the ring on Sunday. Four of the five were competing in their first ever contest at a gym show in Newark. Coach Trevor Spencer said: The kids showed a maturity beyond their age. Sometimes
THE youngsters from TS Kickboxing Club showed what they can do in the ring on Sunday.
Four of the five were competing in their first ever contest at a gym show in Newark.
Coach Trevor Spencer said: "The kids showed a maturity beyond their age.
"Sometimes on your first fight nerves kick in and you end up swinging wildly but this was not the case.
You may also want to watch:
"They all kept their heads and showed nice movement and great technique along with good fighting spirit and sportsmanship."
The club came away with three wins and two losses.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
Spencer continued: "The win/loss thing was not the issue here though.
"The important thing was that the kids all came away having enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to next time. They have now set a high standard for the adults to follow when their fighting season starts in February."
He thanked parents and grandparents for showing their support.
Anyone interested in classes should call 07940 715717.