You would be a fool to miss out on the latest night of kickboxing in Stevenage. The Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre is again hosting top-class championship kickboxing on Sunday, April 1. Fighters from the TS Kickboxing Club will again headline the night
You would be a fool to miss out on the latest night of kickboxing in Stevenage.
The Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre is again hosting top-class championship kickboxing on Sunday, April 1.
Fighters from the TS Kickboxing Club will again headline the night.
British champ Nick Gill takes on Luis Nevez from Portugal for the WKU European title and this fight will be over 10 rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Nevez has an impressive record of 29 wins and just three losses and is Portugese champion, so this is definitely one not to be missed.
This fight is kindly sponsored by Admiral Solutions and Support.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Crowd favourite Sukhy Shoria, the English champion, is never involved in a dull fight. His opponent this time, Rob 'Diesel' Stevens, comes from Birmingham and has blown everyone away so far in his career.
But 'The Secret' has proved himself to be one of the most exciting and talked about fighters on the kickboxing circuit.
This eagerly anticipated fight will be over seven rounds.
Andy Pollard, another real crowd favourite, makes the first defence of the Southern Area title he won on the last show back in October.
He takes on Nigel Thomas from the Storm Gym in Luton.
Thomas has fought for English titles at the heavier weight and is coming down in weight to take on Pollard over five rounds for the title.
Stacey Parker had a busy end to 2006, having three fights in less than two months. She will be having an international bout against Grete Helle from Norway over three rounds.
This will be the only ladies' clash of the night and female contests can often be contenders for the fight of the night.
Dean Allen, in only his second contest, will take on an opponent from Surrey over three rounds.
Matt Offord, back in the ring after a few months out, will be fighting Matt Gilbert from the TKO club in Rochester over three rounds.
Other clubs invited on the night are from Bedford, Banbury and Leicester.
Tickets are £15 in advance but more on the door. Doors open at 4pm and fights start at 5pm. Don't be late and miss any of the action!
For tickets or more details call 07940 715717 or 07973 655011.
Tickets are also available from any of the fighters involved.