East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action. He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday. Appearing at Volatile Vortex at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-
East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action.
He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday.
Appearing at 'Volatile Vortex' at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-year-old who is experienced in Lau Gar kung fu, kickboxing, karate and muay Thai triumphed in the second round.
This was East Area's first ever cage fight.
The 3x2 minute round bout was fought under full K1 rules - another first for the club which has bases in Stevenage, Hitchin and Shefford.
After a slow start, Anderson lost the first round, receiving harsh words from trainer Nigel Thompson.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
In the second round, Anderson attacked his opponent from the start and with a barrage of punches to the body, he won by a knockout in just 40 seconds.
For more information on EATK, call chief instructor Nigel Thompson on 07831 714383 or visit the website www.eatk.co.uk