East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action. He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday. Appearing at Volatile Vortex at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-
East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action.
He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday.
Appearing at 'Volatile Vortex' at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-year-old who is experienced in Lau Gar kung fu, kickboxing, karate and muay Thai triumphed in the second round.
This was East Area's first ever cage fight.
You may also want to watch:
The 3x2 minute round bout was fought under full K1 rules - another first for the club which has bases in Stevenage, Hitchin and Shefford.
After a slow start, Anderson lost the first round, receiving harsh words from trainer Nigel Thompson.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
In the second round, Anderson attacked his opponent from the start and with a barrage of punches to the body, he won by a knockout in just 40 seconds.
For more information on EATK, call chief instructor Nigel Thompson on 07831 714383 or visit the website www.eatk.co.uk