East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action. He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday. Appearing at Volatile Vortex at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-
East Area Thai Kickboxing instructor and fighter Kevin Anderson has been in action.
He featured in an explosive night of mixed martial arts and Thai kickboxing on Saturday.
Appearing at 'Volatile Vortex' at The Orton Sports Centre in Peterborough, the 30-year-old who is experienced in Lau Gar kung fu, kickboxing, karate and muay Thai triumphed in the second round.
This was East Area's first ever cage fight.
The 3x2 minute round bout was fought under full K1 rules - another first for the club which has bases in Stevenage, Hitchin and Shefford.
After a slow start, Anderson lost the first round, receiving harsh words from trainer Nigel Thompson.
- 1 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 2 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 3 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 4 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 7 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 MP insists no one in Mid Beds is angry with the PM over partygate
- 10 Vista Tower resident welcomes cladding funds but 'still more to be done'
In the second round, Anderson attacked his opponent from the start and with a barrage of punches to the body, he won by a knockout in just 40 seconds.
For more information on EATK, call chief instructor Nigel Thompson on 07831 714383 or visit the website www.eatk.co.uk