Kickboxing: Seven get their kicks
SEVEN kickboxers from the Minotaur Gym in Hitchin were in action over the weekend. Four were in ring combat on Saturday at Herne Bay, Kent. Sam Wilson drew against Tom Kent (UK Warriors) in a 76kgs Southern Area title. He had the cleaner technique with go
SEVEN kickboxers from the Minotaur Gym in Hitchin were in action over the weekend.
Four were in ring combat on Saturday at Herne Bay, Kent.
Sam Wilson drew against Tom Kent (UK Warriors) in a 76kgs Southern Area title.
He had the cleaner technique with good boxing and kicks but left it too late to sway the decision.
Charlie Gillespie won on points against Jamie Lambert (UK Warriors) at 74kgs.
Tony Livings also won on points against Rick Hamilton (UK Warriors) at 76kgs, as did Steve Barrett in his first bout representing the Minotaur Gym. Barrett was up against Jack Chasty (Praya Prachai) at 72kgs.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
There were mixed results at Sunday's Crawley Novice Show.
Connor Emery drew his bout against Liam Lambourn (Crawley) at 35kgs.
Alfie Coyle lost on a TKO to Nathan Molina (Diablo) at 32kgs in his first outing for Minotaur. He got caught with a flush kick on the knee joint which forced a stoppage in the second round.
But Paul Smith won on points against Chris Lewis (Singdam) at 92kgs. He caught his opponent in the second round with a stiff jab which forced an eight count; the decision was inevitable as Paul continued to dictate the rest of the fight.