Kickboxers fight Euro opposition
Nick Gill and Sukhy Shoria from the TS Kickboxing Club will display their kickboxing skills against European opposition this Saturday. The pair are fighting at the Pain and Glory kickboxing show at the Excel in London. This is the UK s fight sport spectac
Nick Gill and Sukhy Shoria from the TS Kickboxing Club will display their kickboxing skills against European opposition this Saturday.
The pair are fighting at the Pain and Glory kickboxing show at the Excel in London.
This is the UK's fight sport spectacular and over the last few years has showcased an enviable who's who of British talent.
The show is also the full contact flagship for the Seni '08 exhibition.
Seni is Europe's trade exhibition dedicated to martial arts, combat sports and extreme fitness.
Coach Trevor Spencer said: "This will be a great experience for Sukhy and Nick.
- 1 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 6 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
"Only the fighters at the top of their game get asked to fight on such a showcase and chances like this come round maybe once or twice in a fighter's career.
"I know they will do themselves and everyone at the club proud; they deserve to be here after their recent performances."
Gill will be fighting the current German champion at 69kgs which is heavier than his usual weight.
Shoria also takes on another well respected German fighter at 66.5kgs.
Also on the bill will be some of the country's best muay Thai, K1 and MMA fighters.
Tickets for the show are £30 and that includes entrance into the exhibition in the daytime as well as the evening's fights.
For tickets and more information about training at one of their local kickboxing classes, call Trevor Spencer on 07940 715717.