Just the tonic for Dun Cow Res

Goals from Mick Gregory, James Dillnutt and an own goal saw Herts Intermediate Cup holders Dun Cow Res through at Doctors Tonic (writes Darren Statto Jones). In King Pin United s match against FC Boca both sides cancelled each other out for the opening

Goals from Mick Gregory, James Dillnutt and an own goal saw Herts Intermediate Cup holders Dun Cow Res through at Doctors Tonic (writes Darren "Statto" Jones).

In King Pin United's match against FC Boca both sides cancelled each other out for the opening half hour before Dave Holmes pounced. Lingwood doubled United's lead a minute later before Holmes increased the lead early in the second half. FC Boca pulled two back but there was no time to force extra time.

Old Town Wetherspoons scraped through on penalties after a five-goal thriller against Phoenix Reserves. After going two down, Old Town Wetherspoons managed to level things up through Peter Bannister and Stuart Archer. Six more goals were shared seeing the game go to penalties and the away side held their nerve to advance.

Alan Collins scored Broadhall's solitary goal in their big defeat at AFC Cheshunt.

In the Premier Division, a hat-trick from ace marksman Adam Furness meant Dun Cow closed the gap on second-placed MH Goldsmith. Ryan Jenner and Rikki Doyle were also on target, whilst the repost came from Alec Thomas and Darren Bartlett.

Negus Johnson and Leeroy Williams put J.A.P. Builders two clear at half-time against Bedwell Athletic. The visitors rallied to pull level through Steve Underwood and Richard McGregor but a late Michael Etienne strike broke their hearts.

Most Read

DC Outbar took the lead against Probuild before goals from Tony Lister and Michael Bunker gave Probuild the lead. Terry Pateman added to the lead before Rob Smith pulled one back. With five minutes remaining, Steve Stapleton crossed for Hall to put the result beyond doubt. He needed stitches in a nasty shin injury after colliding with a post. The club would like to thank Outbar for their help.

Division One leaders Bottles kept up their 100 percent start with a 5-2 win over Putterills.

Emperors Head scored three times without reply, but still lost. They scored the opener after ten minutes when Chris Goodyear pounced after a scramble in the box. Fox then equalised when Danny Hillard's glancing header at the near post on the hour went into his own net. They won it when Tom Bradshaw put through his own net.

Last season's top three in the third division occupy the same spots in Division Two. Pro-Cladd moved into second thanks to strikes from George Rowe (two), Neil Henderson (two) and Jack Floyd.

Against the basement side Breachwood Lions the first A1 Trophies goal came from a goalmouth scramble that Garry Brown pounced upon. Further goals from Daniel Pinkerton (2) completed a 3-0 win.

Danny Liversidge and Paul King netted as Stevenage Colts Old Boys edged out Marquis of Lorne, who replied through Darren Lovelock.

Division Three is very tight at the top as the top two met. Leaders Stevenage Fencing took the bragging rights with a 5-2 win over Probuild.

MBDA edged a nine-goal thriller against SCS. Ashley Kersey and Craig Sutherill grabbed goals before Louis Hare and Kyle Watson added to the lead. Leslie Chappell then pulled one back before Rob Barton restored the four-goal cushion with a wonderful header from Watson's corner. SCS pulled it back to 5-4 as Chappell completed a hat-trick and Bickerstaff ensured a nervy finish.

Dan Burley and Sam Lemoir netted in North Herts Celtic's win over Chequers (Jason Smith).

After around 600 minutes, Tony Cook finally grabbed Red Lion Woolmer Green's first league goal of the season. They were well beaten by an MC Racing side who replied through Sean Stewart (two), Anthony Koop, Rhys Stewart and Nik Tribe.

With Carl Smith and Jason Drackford back together up front for Stevenage Leisure Ltd, they bagged four each. James Batchelor chipped in with two great goals. Chris Tillbrook also netted, as did Rich Williams with a thunderbolt of a volley. Roebuck Gate replied through Mark Edwards (two) and Warren Ratcliffe.

Division Four leaders Athletico Timebridge destroyed Roebuck Wanderers 4-0 thanks to goals from Leeroy Odd, Richard Allder, Chris Hinch and Terry Lock from the spot.

Ben Collins struck four times as Yorkshire Grey stayed second. Lewis Sealy, Lewis Essam and Matt Burton were also on the mark. Great Ashby replied through Mark Mellor and Gary Ashley.

Stevenage Colts Old Boys Res are the third, and joint top on points as Barry Hazelton and Jamie Hucker gave them the points against White Lion Walkern, who replied through Stuart Tanner.

Brad Harrison's hat-trick saw Broadhall Res home. Steven Fahey also netted his 17th of the campaign against Coach and Horses, who replied via an own goal.

Three goals in each half saw Coopers stay in touch with the leaders. Lee Dowsett (2), Gary Smith (2), Brian Challice and Vince Kernaghan did the damage against Fox Res. Dowsett grabbed the goal of the game from 30 yards.

In the Invitation Cup, Pin Green took the lead with a terrific strike from Tommy Wilkinson to wipe out the goal deficit. A good team move culminated in Kevin Coker's first goal for the club to turn the game around before Phil Baldwin clipped the post in search for a third. With just five minutes to go, a good lay off found Martin Griffin to net Times Club's leveller.