New inclusive children's football session launches in Letchworth
- Credit: LETCHWORTH EAGLES FC
A new football training session has been launched in Letchworth aimed at players with a disability.
Led by Letchworth Eagles manager Jason Valentine, the Junior Ability Counts Inclusive Football group meets every Wednesday for an hour from 4pm.
With the help of the Herts Sports Partnership and Herts FA, it is held on the artificial pitch at the County Ground and will run for 12 weeks for children aged between seven and 15 and with all differing impairments.
Valentine said: "We will provide a safe fun learning environment for all players taking part and will be run by a qualified coach.
"All sessions offer the opportunity to participate in exciting and engaging practices. As well as developing skills within football, the program will also help improve social skills and confidence.
The aim of the coaching program is to create an enjoyable and safe environment for everybody to enjoy sport."
All sessions are outdoors so players should wear suitable footwear and clothing, including shin pads where appropriate, and bring their own drinks.
To join the Wednesday session, download a registration form and bring it along with you.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
For more information either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07788 391 609.