Ickleford sides both suffer defeat in final warm-up games for Herts Cricket League season
- Credit: DANNY LOO
After a great double victory over Preston last week Ickleford were quickly brought back to earth after a double defeat to Flitwick in the last of their pre-season encounters.
The first team were weaker than seven days before and were well beaten by their Flitwick counterparts.
They did well to limit Flitwick to 178-9 from their 40 overs. Thomas Brown took 3-49 and Luke Marsden 3-34 but in reply Ickleford lost both openers cheaply and never recovered.
Only Matt Baxter with 28 made any impression and only two other batsmen made double-figures, Sam Draper and Brown getting 15 each, the latter unbeaten.
It left them all out for 93.
The seconds were playing a Flitwick second team who rank five divisions higher in the league.
They hit 280-7 in their 40 overs with Mark Howard taking 2-24, and Ollie Ellis Holmes and Frank Finch getting one each.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 7 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
In reply, Ickleford were skittled for just 62, with only Richard Brown (20) and Mark Schumann (14) hitting double digits.