Ickleford sides both suffer defeat in final warm-up games for Herts Cricket League season
- Credit: DANNY LOO
After a great double victory over Preston last week Ickleford were quickly brought back to earth after a double defeat to Flitwick in the last of their pre-season encounters.
The first team were weaker than seven days before and were well beaten by their Flitwick counterparts.
They did well to limit Flitwick to 178-9 from their 40 overs. Thomas Brown took 3-49 and Luke Marsden 3-34 but in reply Ickleford lost both openers cheaply and never recovered.
Only Matt Baxter with 28 made any impression and only two other batsmen made double-figures, Sam Draper and Brown getting 15 each, the latter unbeaten.
It left them all out for 93.
The seconds were playing a Flitwick second team who rank five divisions higher in the league.
They hit 280-7 in their 40 overs with Mark Howard taking 2-24, and Ollie Ellis Holmes and Frank Finch getting one each.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
In reply, Ickleford were skittled for just 62, with only Richard Brown (20) and Mark Schumann (14) hitting double digits.