And the new! All change at Ickleford with different look to a number of teams
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Ickleford Cricket Club will head into the new season with not only a new man at the helm but also a brand-new team.
Matt Baxter replaces Luke Marsden as skipper of the Herts Cricket League Division One side's first team while a fourth team from the Walnut Way-based club will take their place in the league's Regional Division C North.
They will be captained by Ian Cheesman.
The other sides are unchanged. Richard Brown and Mark Howard will continue as second and third team captains while Rob Day will look after the Sunday side.
Ickleford will also run four junior teams this year at U9, U10, U11 and U13 age groups.
They will also take part again taking part in the Allstars programme, an ECB-driven initiative aimed at children between five and eight.
With two grounds, in Ickleford and Holwell, there will be plenty opportunity to watch what should be a very busy summer of cricket but if anyone is interested in playing, either at senior or junior level, then contact Roy Izzard on 07803 202 498.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys