And the new! All change at Ickleford with different look to a number of teams
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Ickleford Cricket Club will head into the new season with not only a new man at the helm but also a brand-new team.
Matt Baxter replaces Luke Marsden as skipper of the Herts Cricket League Division One side's first team while a fourth team from the Walnut Way-based club will take their place in the league's Regional Division C North.
They will be captained by Ian Cheesman.
The other sides are unchanged. Richard Brown and Mark Howard will continue as second and third team captains while Rob Day will look after the Sunday side.
Ickleford will also run four junior teams this year at U9, U10, U11 and U13 age groups.
They will also take part again taking part in the Allstars programme, an ECB-driven initiative aimed at children between five and eight.
With two grounds, in Ickleford and Holwell, there will be plenty opportunity to watch what should be a very busy summer of cricket but if anyone is interested in playing, either at senior or junior level, then contact Roy Izzard on 07803 202 498.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 5 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre