And the new! All change at Ickleford with different look to a number of teams
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Ickleford Cricket Club will head into the new season with not only a new man at the helm but also a brand-new team.
Matt Baxter replaces Luke Marsden as skipper of the Herts Cricket League Division One side's first team while a fourth team from the Walnut Way-based club will take their place in the league's Regional Division C North.
They will be captained by Ian Cheesman.
The other sides are unchanged. Richard Brown and Mark Howard will continue as second and third team captains while Rob Day will look after the Sunday side.
Ickleford will also run four junior teams this year at U9, U10, U11 and U13 age groups.
They will also take part again taking part in the Allstars programme, an ECB-driven initiative aimed at children between five and eight.
With two grounds, in Ickleford and Holwell, there will be plenty opportunity to watch what should be a very busy summer of cricket but if anyone is interested in playing, either at senior or junior level, then contact Roy Izzard on 07803 202 498.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes