Ickleford are denied
Ickleford could not prise out the final Hemel Hempstead second team wicket in Saracens Herts League Division Three. Chasing Ickleford s 249 all out, Hemel closed on 175-9. Ickleford seconds fell to a disappointing defeat at Luton Town and Indians. Luton w
Ickleford could not prise out the final Hemel Hempstead second team wicket in Saracens Herts League Division Three.
Chasing Ickleford's 249 all out, Hemel closed on 175-9.
Ickleford seconds fell to a disappointing defeat at Luton Town and Indians.
Luton were kept to 162, Rob Horner the pick of the bowlers with a spell of 4-35 from 13 overs. Scott Crouch continued his excellent season with 3-10 from 10 overs, while Dan Watson took 2-48.
Jack Edwards scored 38 but then Ickleford fell from 66-3 to 66-6. Horner (20) and Steve Schumann (28) added 55 for the seventh wicket but it was not enough and Ickleford were all out for 136.
The thirds had a comprehensive win over Rickmansworth fourths.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
They scored 189-6 thanks to an unbeaten 70 from Matt Deacon and 44 from Simon Causebrook.
This total was always too much for the visitors who were dismissed for 121. Trevor Izzard led the way with 4-28 while John Williams and Tom Gornall each took two wickets.