Ickleford are denied
Ickleford could not prise out the final Hemel Hempstead second team wicket in Saracens Herts League Division Three. Chasing Ickleford s 249 all out, Hemel closed on 175-9. Ickleford seconds fell to a disappointing defeat at Luton Town and Indians. Luton w
Ickleford could not prise out the final Hemel Hempstead second team wicket in Saracens Herts League Division Three.
Chasing Ickleford's 249 all out, Hemel closed on 175-9.
Ickleford seconds fell to a disappointing defeat at Luton Town and Indians.
Luton were kept to 162, Rob Horner the pick of the bowlers with a spell of 4-35 from 13 overs. Scott Crouch continued his excellent season with 3-10 from 10 overs, while Dan Watson took 2-48.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Edwards scored 38 but then Ickleford fell from 66-3 to 66-6. Horner (20) and Steve Schumann (28) added 55 for the seventh wicket but it was not enough and Ickleford were all out for 136.
The thirds had a comprehensive win over Rickmansworth fourths.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
They scored 189-6 thanks to an unbeaten 70 from Matt Deacon and 44 from Simon Causebrook.
This total was always too much for the visitors who were dismissed for 121. Trevor Izzard led the way with 4-28 while John Williams and Tom Gornall each took two wickets.