Ice cold with Alex
Stotfold schoolgirl Alexandra Greasby is going downhill – fast! She has just finished the last of the summer ski races with the regional championship race within ERSA (Eastern Region Ski Association) at the ski slope at Welwyn Garden City. The 12-year-old
Stotfold schoolgirl Alexandra Greasby is going downhill - fast!
She has just finished the last of the summer ski races with the regional championship race within ERSA (Eastern Region Ski Association) at the ski slope at Welwyn Garden City.
The 12-year-old won the age 12 and below female category and was seventh overall.
She has competed in ERSA races this year at Norwich, Ipswich, Hemel Hempstead, Brentwood and Welwyn GC with three wins and two thirds, drawing points for the final league position to give her another trophy.
As well as skiing within the regional races throughout the summer, Alexandra has competed in races all over the country in places like Stoke, Gloucester, Pontypool, Llundudno and Sunderland.
She is under-12 Celtic Cup champion for 2006 (Welsh six-race championship) and has made eight first places and a handful of second and third places this season.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Unfortunately Alexandra retired in the British and English championships despite high expectations of a top three finish.
She has one more championship race this year which is the European Artificial Ski Championship in Edinburgh on November 5. Alexandra is hoping to improve on her third place last year.
Alexandra starts winter training in the Alps this October half term.
She will be spending eight weeks winter training and skiing in the Alps and competing in races including the British and English snow championships in Meribel, France, next April.
Alexandra lives with her eight-year-old twin brothers Thomas and Bradley, mum Karen and dad Richard in Stotfold and goes to Robert Bloomfield Middle School in Shefford.