Howell departs Top Field
Canaries’ midfielder set to seal switch to Sudbury
HITCHIN Town has confirmed that Richard Howell has left the club with AFC Sudbury the favourites to snap up the 28-year-old midfielder.
It brings an end to Howell’s two year stint at the club during which time the former Bishop’s Stortford and Stevenage player contributed an impressive 20 goals in 90 appearances from midfield.
If the expected deal goes through it will be Howell’s second spell at AFC Sudbury, having played there on loan in the 2008/09 season.
Manager Carl Williams has paid tribute to Howell by saying, “We wish Richard all the best. He’s an excellent player and capable of being a matchwinner. I would like to thank him for his contribution over the past two seasons”.
You may also want to watch:
This departure comes a few days after several first-team players, including Martin Bennett, Tom Pepper, Zak Burke, and last season’s top scorer, John Frendo pledged their futures to the club following their promotion to the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham