Hooray for Henry in Eastern regional triumph
The boys from Marriotts Gym Club made Sunday s long trip to Lowestoft worthwhile for the Eastern Region National Development Plan (NDP) finals. Top performance of the day came from Andrew Henry who took gold in the intermediate two competition with a scor
The boys from Marriotts Gym Club made Sunday's long trip to Lowestoft worthwhile for the Eastern Region National Development Plan (NDP) finals.
Top performance of the day came from Andrew Henry who took gold in the intermediate two competition with a score of 63.3.
Andrew will now represent the Eastern Region at the national finals in Newcastle at the end of April. He will be joined by clubmate Jack Maydom who finished fourth in the same competition with a score of 58.7.
Also joining them at the national final will be Daniel Gardner who took silver in the under-12 elite grade and Sebastian Jaunzens who came fifth in the elite under-10 grade.
Keir Chettleborough competed in the under-16 event but due to a finger injury he was only able to contest four pieces of apparatus. He still put in good performances.
Some of the club's young gymnasts were also in action, some taking part in their first regional final.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
In the primary four club grade, Alex Carrier finished fifth and Zoli Andrews seventh.
And in the same grade for under age gymnasts (those too young to qualify to a national final), William Evans was third. In the primary two club grade William Barnes took seventh.
At the same time, their acrobatic gymnasts were in action just down the coast at Ipswich, taking part in the regional preliminaries.
The event attracted a large entry at all levels and the girls all competed well. Ellen Daly took bronze in the tumbling event.
* This weekend sees the turn of the club's artistic gymnastic girls to compete.
Marriotts will be hosting the Hertfordshire club six, five and four grades on Sunday.